Addis Ababa: Global Entrepreneurship Week Summary of Activities
EDC hosted the following events and activities during GEW in Addis Ababa. In total, of 10 events were held throughout the week and 516 participants
• 349th Entrepreneurship Training Workshop: EDC hosted the 349th Entrepreneurship Training Workshop targeting startup and existing businesses.
• EDC Client Forum: EDC hosted a Client Forum past and current clients. Select entrepreneurs will be invited to speak on a panel to share their past positive and negative experiences with the audience.
• Stakeholder Engagement Event: EDC hosted a stakeholder engagement breakfast meeting entitled: Unravelling The Entrepreneurship Ecosystem in Ethiopia. The purpose of the meeting was to advance and contribute to the further development of entrepreneurship and innovation in Ethiopia.
• Andinet International School (Private): EDC representatives presented an entrepreneurship awareness creation event with 11th and 12th grade students from Andinet International School.
• EDC and R&D Group Expert Seminar on Taxation: EDC and R&D Group hosted an Expert Seminar event on taxation. Entrepreneurs and business development advisors were invited to attend the session in order to get updates on Ethiopian Tax laws and practical issues that business owners should look out for in financial planning.
• School of Nations (Private): EDC representatives presented an entrepreneurship awareness creation event with 11th and 12th grade students from School of Nations.
• Kokobetsibeha (public school): EDC representatives presented an entrepreneurship awareness creation event with 11th and 12th grade students from Andinet International School.
• Group BDS Training: EDC hosted a group BDS training session on business plan preparation for Startup and existing entrepreneurs.
• GEW Reception: The GEW Annual Ceremony was a platform where young male and young female entrepreneur were recognized. In addition, the reception hosted successful seasoned entrepreneurs who spoke on a panel about their individual path to success. The panel members were Bethlehem Tilahun, Founder and Executive Director, soleRebels, UNDP Ethiopia’s Goodwill Ambassador for Entrepreneurship, Semret Abate, President and Owner, Mulmul Bakery, and Tadiwos G. Belete, CEO, Boston Partners P.L.C.
• American Center Entrepreneurship Event: EDC co-hosted an event with the American Center targeting youth about starting a business. 2 BDS advisors will present a condensed version of the startup toolkit BDS training session to the participants in an interactive manner.