Customized Entrepreneurship Training
The Customized Entrepreneurship Training (CET) is a two-day training target ingindividuals with low literacy level and limited business experience.
The training methodology isapractical,hands-on, attitudinal and behavioral change training program built upon adult learning principles. Muchofthe facilitation is done by way of casestudies,games,roleplay,exercisesand experiential sharing. High level of simplicity is maintained in order to ensure the objectives of the training is customized with the literacy level of the participants.
Upon successful completion of the CET, participants will be able to:
· Ensure thesurvivalandgrow theirbusinesses
· Understandtheimportanceof setting realisticgoalsandlearnhow toachievablethem
· Understandthemarketplaceandlearn howtoreachout to new and/or existing customers
· Understandhowtocalculatebusinessrisksanddeveloppropensitytowardscalculatedrisk taking
· Appreciate customer loyalty and develop techniques geared towards customer satisfaction
· Equip themselves withskills toincrease theefficiencyandproductivity of theirenterprise
· Understandtheimportanceof planning
· Develop negotiation skills
· Understandtheimportanceof developing and maintainingbusinessrecords
Selection Process and Criteria:
||Ability to read and write in candidates own local languages
||Youth (18 – 65 years of age), priority will be given to youth.
||Men and Women
|Nature of business
||Start up, informal and established business
|Economic sector of the business
||All economic sectors
||Highly enthusiastic for innovative entrepreneurship training who believe that training can determine the prospect of his/her business.
|Size of business operations
||Start up, owners of informal businesses, micro enterprises, small enterprises, and medium enterprises.
||Able to commit two full consecutive days for training in the week in which the training is organized (usually from 8.30am – 5.30pm on the training dates).
Certificate of Participation:
EDC will provide candidates who successfully complete the Programme and fulfill the training requirements with a Letter of Participation. The requirements include full attendance of all sessions, and successfully completing assignments throughout the 2-day training Programme.