Training of Business Development Service Advisers
This training emanates from the assertion that the success of entrepreneurship development initiative depends so much on post-trainings up port that is provided totheentrepreneurs.The development of entrepreneurship capacity and growth of enterprises does not only result from a training Programme. The development is further enhanced by the addition of management skills training/consulting training in the form of customized business advisory services.
EDC recruits and trains business development advisors within geographical reach of the entrepreneurs that have received EDC’s training programmes. Upon successful completion of the training Programme, the entrepreneurs are eligible to receive Business Development Support provided by the business development advisors.
Thetraining programlastssix days and is an interactive classroom session that draws from lessons learned in business as well as providing mentorship to clients. Theclassroomsession willbecoupledwith aweeklong mentorship Programme where the trainee will be assigned clients under the supervision of a senior business development advisor.
The content of the topic includes basic business management skills such as business diagnosticand health check,guide to businessplanningandreview,businesscounselling,sub-contracting opportunities,financialanalysisandmanagement. Basic andadvanced leveltrainingis available where the advanced level training involved more in depth training on certain topics such as business plan preparation.
Selection Process and Criteria
Based on the below criteria, potential business development advisors must submit their CV and motivation letter explaining why they want to be a business development advisor to EDC. Successfully screened applicants will be called for an interview and only those that pass the interview stage will be invited to participate in the business development advisor training Programme.
Education: Graduate or Post Graduate Degree in business management, accounting, economics, finance, marketing, operations, agriculture, cooperative, manufacturing, engineering, IT, or any related business field
· Strong understanding of MSE strategies in Ethiopia
· Strong understanding of business management processes required for start-ups and existing businesses;
· Awareness of the local business climate in Ethiopia;
· Ability to provide effective one to one counselling to entrepreneurs at various business development stages (start up and existing businesses);
· Good understanding of the government’s rules and regulations, and procedures related to business start-up and business development for existing
· Computer literate, particularly Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word programmes.
· Critical listening skills;
· Strong interpersonal skills;
· Ability to maintain positive and effective client relationships;
· Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and administrative capabilities;
· Exceptional spoken and written communication skills
· Must be able to maintain client confidentiality; and
· Must be team player
· Experience in area of Business counselling, subcontracting, Agricultural Extension, Industry extension, Project Planning and Implementation or any other business related operations
· Prior business experience allowing s/he to practice the characteristics of an entrepreneur is an asset.
Other Personal Qualities:
· Energetic, creative,
· Must be flexible; and
· Be a self-starter.
· Goal oriented
· High standard of professionalism
· Morally strong
· Strong passion to support entrepreneurs
Language: Excellent written and spoken English and Amharic. For Oromia Regional State Afaan Oromoo and English is mandatory. For Tigray Regional State Tigrigna and English is mandatory
For more information on the recruitment process please visit the Business Development Advisors Recruitment page