Youth Entrepreneurship TrainingThe Youth Entrepreneurship Training (YET)is a two day straining program for university students and unemployed youth. The training inspires and motivates them to develop the attitude of entrepreneurship.
It is speaker led inspirational training program that aims at rousing the youth to consider entrepreneur as one career option. It was helps the participants practice some of the basic requite for business startup such as idea generation and opportunity identification, and business planning.
Therearefour modules discussed in this training as described below.
1. Overcoming Bondage-focuses on inspiring the participants to consider entrepreneurshipas the most preferred career path as opposed to being a salary employee
2. Entrepreneurship Skill Development- focuseson the competencies of successful entrepreneurs
3. Opportunity Recognition and Utilization- Teaches participants about how to generate a business idea and how to transform it to a business
4. Business Planning- Participants learn how to develop business plans
The training aims to achieve the following.
· Motivate youth to be stirred to entrepreneurship as the career option.
· Help the participants learn about business idea generation and opportunity identification.
· Principles of business planning.
Selection Process and Criteria:
||Ability to read and right in their own local languages
||15 – 29 years of age, priority being given for young women
||Both male and female
|Nature of business
||No business set up , but aspiring to set up
|Economic sector of the business
||Aspiring to set up business in any economic sectors
||Highly enthusiastic for innovative entrepreneurship training who believe that training can determine the prospect of his/her business.
|Size of business operations
||Intending to start up a business
||Able to commit two days for training in the training week (from 8:30AM – 5:30PM on the training dates)
Certification of Participation
EDC will provide candidates who successfully complete the programme and fulfill the training requirements with a Letter of Participation. The requirements include full attendance of all sessions, and successfully completing assignments throughout the 2-day training programme.